Re: [wish] alignment rotation

Playing with this I found an issue. Please confirm if the following is
a windows only issue:

When using the measure tool with Use Info Window checked (does it have
any use otherwise?) The info box gets focus, so I can no longer use
key shortcuts to get other tools.
-Rob A>

On 5/14/09, Jay Smith <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/14/2009 12:36 PM, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>> Jay Smith wrote:
>>> However, I do have to say that the Photoshop 5.5 feature of simply
>>> drawing a line with the measure tool and then doing the rotate command
>>> is more efficient.
>>>

>> Using the measure tool for this seems like a UI hack to me. IMO we need
>> a better solution for GIMP, something that is more discoverable.
>>
>> / Martin
>
> Martin,
>
> That is a very good point.
>
> I have to admit that I was using Photoshop for a couple of _years_ and
> had done perhaps 20,000 rotations before I learned about that method
> (and I found out from a friend, not from the program's help or manual,
> though it was probably documented).
>
> In any case, the same concept (preferably with BOTH method possible:
> draw a line or click start, click end) in a more discoverable way would
> sure be great.
>
> Jay

Sent from my mobile device