Re: Save + export spec essentials implemented

Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:
> Can one guarantee GIMP compositions will be at least correctly rendered
> with third-party viewers as image browsing is not in GIMP goals? At
> least recently xcf has been considered as internal GIMP format. Having
> thousands files what cannot be easily and quickly viewed and organized
> is not a good idea IMHO. That will be a reality a user runs into. What
> is you vision of that problem?

The solution to this is to provide a, probably GIMP maintained,
plug-inable component that can do the thumbnailing. Since the current
XCF format is tightly coupled with the GIMP internals this is a bit
messy but will likely become much easier once we do our rendering with
the GEGL library.

 / Martin