Save + export spec essentials implemented

>Hi
>
>I have been working on implementing the Save + export spec [1] for a while.
>Since it will affect the workflow for basically everyone it would be nice
>with getting some testing and comments before we finalize, merge and push
>GNOME master.

>  / Martin

Hi

My comments and observations:
1. When I try to save and I change extension to (for example) .png, GIMP
message appears:
"You can use this dialog to save to the GIMP XCF format. Use File->Export to
export to other file formats."
I think it'd be better:
"You can use this dialog to save only to the GIMP XCF format. Use
File->Export to export to other file formats."

2. When I open image "foo.png", do some changes and close it, GIMP message
says:
"Save the changes to image 'Untitled' before closing?
If you don't save the image, changes from the last minute will be lost."
 There are options:
 "Close without Saving", "Cancel", "Save As".

I think it'd be very useful to have option: "Export" and even "Export to
foo.png". Obviously in this case GIMP message should be different as well.

3. I have file "foo.png" in "bar" folder, I try to save image "foo" as
foo.png in that folder (I changed xcf to png manually) GIMP message appear:
"A file named "foo.png" already exists.  Do you want to replace it?
The file already exists in "bar".  Replacing it will overwrite its
contents."
Options are: "Cancel" and "Replace". I choose  "Replace" and GIMP message
says:
"You can use this dialog to save to the GIMP XCF format. Use File->Export to
export to other file formats."
I think the second message should appear straight after when I choose
"Replace" because first message suggests that I can save "foo.png" anyway,
which if not true.

4. In Save Image dialog there's in bottom-right corner button, where you can
choose what you see:
"all images", "all files", "gimp XCF Image"
Although "all images" is selected, you can see only xcf files.

Best Regards

--
Michal Predotka (via www.gimpusers.com)