Re: Background color property for GIMP images

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:20 AM, yahvuu <yahvuu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> David Gowers schrieb:
>> One bump I see is things like "Cut" and "Float" -- quite often I want
>> them to fill the source area with a solid color rather than with
>> transparency. When this doesn't happen, it's awkward (as the layer)
Did I really write that "(as the layer)"? I meant "(as
fuzzy/foreground-selection then stops working 'correctly' on that part
of the layer)

> in terms of the model under discussion, this is a shortcut for
> cut & fill. I wonder, doesn't "CTRL+C.V" do the trick?

No, think about it, once you have 'Cut' something the selection is gone.
All that would achieve is to fill the entire layer with a color