Re: Should we add the option to use brush dynamics from the PDB?

Hello,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 1:43 PM, David Gowers <00ai99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm willing to try to write a patch to add this for gimp-paintbrush,
>> gimp-airbrush, etc.
> Do you understand that you must not change the api of gimp-paintbrush,
> gimp-airbrush, etc? Because that would break a lot of scripts and
> plugins. This is part of the problem with the current PDB interface to
> tools; supporting new options must be done through additional PDB
> functions.
>
> David

I understand that, we obviously mustn't change the old API. What I
meant was to create something like gimp-paintbrush-wtih-dynamics.

The question is, when and how do we want to do this? Do we want to
give some sort of option now, and we will replace it when we move to
GEGL painting, or should we wait? I would like to see it implemented
before 2.8 if possible, however If we need to wait with this, i'll
wait.

~LightningIsMyName