Re: Best way to run task at startup?

On 04/01/2009 01:53 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
>> Von: Frank de Lange<gimp-f@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> I'm looking for the best/easiest/most reliable way to run a task at Gimp
>> startup. The idea is to run the task once Gimp is up and running, with
>> all windows rendered and ready. The task at hand is this one:

>> [ HOWTO: autohide GIMP dock windows using gnome panel ]
>
> Does the author of this thread know about the uses of the Tab key in GIMP or the window-management utility devilspie? I would have expected both of these options to be mentioned at least.
>

> Michael

No, I did not know about the tab key - it does solve the problem partly.
I say partly because you need to hit that key to get access to the
toolbox et al which means I have to take my hands of the mouse (right
hand) or pen (left hand)...

Devil's Pie might be useful, I'll have a look at it. Of course anyone
running Gnome already has access to the panel so in that sense it is
preferrable over Yet Another Utility...

Cheers//Frank