Advanced GUI for Brush Dynamics

Hi,
      I am a student at IT-BHU India. I am interested in the project of Advanced GUI for brush dynamics suggested by Alexia Death on the ideas page of GNU image manipulation program.I have already applied for the project.My application goes like this

As a GNU image manipulation program user I also feel it would be exciting to add new options to brush dynamics.This project would aim at creating a new GUI for brush dynamics as mentioned on the ideas page but would also add some new options like varying the brush properties like color,size,opacity with time in a loop for every x sec.Other than the size,color,opacity shape of the brush could also be mapped against the parameters like velocity,pressure,time.About my skill set I am good at c++ and familiar to gtk+.I am using it to build interface for my project at school GUI for set-cover problem--The greedy approach and also to simulate tools like calculator paintbox etc
I was also asked to write why do i think i would be out of the crowd.I am familiar to gtk+ ,I have used it for a couple of small projects and I am good at c++  so I think I will be cope up with the standards faster.People I really need some comments on this so pls leave some