Re: GIMP PDF export plugin

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:58 PM, peter sikking <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

>> Which means in fact that the team does not wish to meet *real*
>> prepress users needs on product vision level.
>

> I would like to have this answered answer first: why can't they
> do it with scribus? are we the last piece of (free) software
> in the world that can help them?

Ah, but Scribus is a layout program, not an image editor.  Ideally,
one would prepare images for printing with GIMP, then embed them in a
page with Scribus.  Having control over the CMYK (or spot color)
makeup of the image in GIMP should make things smoother when setting
the image in Scribus.

As to the projection screen, that approach sounds complicated.  But if
it can give a fairly honest CMYK projection and allow for manually
adjusting the channels, then it would go a long way toward solving
some of these problems.

Chris