Re: A GSoC Purpose: Improve the Performance of SIOX

Hi,

Jenny, nice to meet you!

I agree with Sven that implementing the "Detail Refinement Brush" as
described on
the http://siox.org website would be something that could be done
immediately, i.e.
without performing extensive computer vision research and would
contribute significantly to the
improvement of the SIOX tool. Once it is done, there is still room for
research, e.g. how to
automate the detail refinement brush further and also HCI issues.

I am glad to respond to any questions by email and could be a mentor
as far as conceptual
questions (as opposed to GIMP code structure) are concerned.

Gerald

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 19:41 +0800, Jenny wrote:
>
>> I didn't read the code of SIOX and GIMP yet, and be not sure if the
>> features in this page <http://www.siox.org/preview.html> has been
>> implemented in GIMP's current development version.
>
> The Detail Refinement Brush that is mentioned on this page has not been
> implemented yet.
>
>> And I'm still not
>> sure if Gerald want to be a mentor in this GSoC Season.
>
> I have forwarded your mail to him and asked him if he'd be interested to
> help us having a GSoC project on SIOX. Please give him some time to
> respond. He is probably quite busy in his new job at the International
> Computer Science Institute (ICSI) in Berkeley.
>

> Sven

Dr. Gerald Friedland
1947 Center Street, Suite 600
CA-94704 Berkeley, USA