Re: Opening GIMP on different screens with one toolbox

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 15:02 +0100, houghi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was pointed here from gimptalk to ask my question here. If this is not
> the correct place, please accept my appologies and point me in the right
> direction.
>
> I have openSUSE 11.0 running GIMP 2.6. I also have two screens (Displays)
> that I use in traditional dual screen, so no Xinerama.

So you are using two screens, not two displays (which would be two
different
connections to two different X servers), right?

> What I want to do is open two images and one toolbox. However I want to
> have one image on one display :0.0 and the other on :0.1
>
> When I use --display and try it individually. When I first open one and
> then the next one, only one toolbox is open and both images are availble
> on the same display. I can then move one image to the other display.
>
> I am looking for a way to do this from the commandline and as far as I can
> tell this is not possible. As far as I can tell the --display is accepted
> on the first instance, but not on the second.
>
> Is there a way to do this? If not, will this be something that could be
> implemented in a newer version?

This is unfortunately not possible, but your request sounds reasonable
to me. Can you file this as enhancement request in bugzilla please?
IMO it would be nice to open an image from the command line on a
specific
screen.

ciao,
--mitch