Re: Advanced Interpolation

2009/1/24 David Gowers <00ai99@xxxxxxxxx>:
> a) You should investigate implementing this interpolation method for
> GEGL rather than GIMP, as in the fairly near future these kinds of
> transformations in GIMP will be implemented through use of GEGL.

My understanding is that this will not be possible in GEGL as things
stand, since GEGL does not give interpolators the local slopes. In
other words, a GEGL interpolator is just asked for the value at
(double x, double y), it can't find out how closely spaced the
surrounding sample points are.

No doubt this could be added or changed. I think other interpolator
authors have been asking for this feature as well.

John