Re: Advanced Interpolation

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 2:48 PM, jungle <agiboa@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anyone ever done any work implementing advanced interpolation schemes
> (NEDI or ICBI)?  They provide much better results than the spatially
> invariant schemes present in GIMP.
AFAIK no.

> I would probably be able to code up something, but I wouldn't be able to
> guarantee that it would be very efficient.  Of course, these more
> complicated methods are much slower.
>
> ICBI matlab GPL source is available.  I should be able to port it to c++.
> What do y'all think?
NEDI looks amazing, and ICBI even more amazing; I could certainly put
them to good use rather than my current rather slow/limited
vectorization-based scaling system.
Keep in mind:
a) You should investigate implementing this interpolation method for
GEGL rather than GIMP, as in the fairly near future these kinds of
transformations in GIMP will be implemented through use of GEGL.
b) If you want it included with the baseline GEGL distribution, it
would need to be written not in C++ but in C.
    If you don't, then you can probably code it in C++ fine.

David