Tagging thoughts

I've been messing with the tagging... Couple things came to mind...

1) Have you thought about assigning a 'default' tag to all of the
standard gimp items ? - It would be nice to filter out all of the
standard items with one click...

2) When a user clicks the refresh button in the palettes, gradients,
brush dialog or a script uses any of the 'gimp-*-refresh' procedures,
what if gimp would re-read the tags.xml file at that point. If someone
wanted to write a plugin that changes the xml file, or even hand edit
the xml file, the xml is overwritten by what is in memory...
    I have several gradients, and I didn't want to hand enter for each
item so I started a script that allowed me to read all the files in a
directory and adjust the tags.xml file, but the changes get overwritten
when you close gimp... It's an easy workaround - I still got what I
wanted, but who knows what types of 'Tag Management' plugins people
could come up with if there was a way to get GIMP to refresh from the
tags.xml it would be a plus - (maybe I just overlooked it)

jbaker