Re: Gimp license

Alpár Jüttner wrote:
>> GIMP is GPL and has always been. If you don't like the GPL license, for
>> whatever reason, then you should not contribute to this project.
>
> Interesting. I knew that GIMP developers must accept GPL as the license
> of GIMP, but it is new to me that they are also required like it.
>
> Regards,
> Alpar

gimp is released under GPL, if someone submits thier work to the project
they understand this and hence chose , of their own free will , that the
work they submit will be distributed in this way. Most of those who
contribute presumably see this as a positive thing rather than something
they "must accept". They re not "required to like" it but presumable
actually do like it, otherwise it would seem foolish to contribute
(unless perhaps they are being blackmailed , tortured or otherwise force
to do so against their will).

So , no, they are not required to like it, they can actually, really
hate it and still contribute under duress.

Next(?) time you submit a patch to gimp you may like add a note as to
whether you accept GPL as a good thing or really hate it and accept
being required to like it.