Re: Gimp license

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Alpár Jüttner <alpar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> GIMP is GPL and has always been. If you don't like the GPL license, for
>> whatever reason, then you should not contribute to this project.
>
> Interesting. I knew that GIMP developers must accept GPL as the license
> of GIMP, but it is new to me that they are also required like it.

Do not twist Sven's words.
All he said was, in effect, 'if the license bothers you, it's not wise
for you to contribute to this project.' It's not a matter of GIMP
project policy or requirements, simply a matter of having the personal
judgment and wisdom to contribute either wholeheartedly or not at all.

David