Re: [Patch] Less cluttered UI, on-demand showing of docking bars

Alexia Death-2 wrote:

> Now THAT I like. As a NOOB I had serous problems realizing that the thin
> bars
> indicate a drop site and their thinness made them hard to hit later. Now
> both
> of these are solved making that much easier for a noob to understand and
> use.
>
> --Alexia

I had the same problems.  In fact, while it might be a bit tacky, making the
docking bars (or the text inside them) blink while dragging would add even
more emphasis.  Without a tool tip, a noob might accidentally initiate a
dockable drag, then realize that is not what he/she wants and just let go of
the dialog, without ever noticing that the docking bars had appeared.
Flashing would help draw their attention to this feature.