Re: Please restore removed crop tool functionality

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, peter sikking wrote:
> so the core of the discussion is your personal workaround for the
> highlighting feature in GIMP 2.2.
>
> Can I invite you to work with "Highlight: off" in GIMP 2.4, for a month
> to get the hang of it, and report back how it is going?

Excuse me?  I'm not sure what you are referring to.

The point is that it is impossible to perform a non-destructive crop in
Gimp 2.6 (other than using Canvas Size as a workaround, which is extremely
non-visual).  I often do additional editing after the preliminary crop,
and want to be able to fine-tune the positioning afterwards.  This should
be made possible.

Thank you Martin for the quick patch.  I re-built the Ubuntu packages with
the patch and it works great!  However, I agree with others that the
option name should be changed or some other option used for this.
(Personally I might be in favour of all crops except "Current layer only"
being non-destructive, if a separate option is deemed unnecessary.)

Thanks.