Re: Using GIMP from my own program

Pablo Yaggi wrote:

> So ..., I think a couple of things are not clear to me about gimp,
>
> if plugins communicate with the core of gimp thought a pipe, I
>
> should be able to create a plugin to do what i want, even
>
> call other plugins, but could that plugin be executed from outside
>
> the core ?

All plug-ins are executed outside the core as a separate process.
Plug-ins registers procedures that other plug-ins, typically language
wrappers, can call. GIMP takes care of inter-process communication.

> , even so it is necesary that gimp is running before
>
> doing it ? are the core and gui strict releated, i mean are the same
>
> thing? can the gui be down, and the core working ?
>
> In other words, is it possible in any way to use gimp for
>
> automatic image processing/generating, because GEGL its very
>
> promissing but gimp is fully charged with plugins and tools,
>
> and It sould be very nice to use all that power for automatic
>
> process.
>
> Pablo

GIMP has non-interactive and batch processing modes but I do not use
these very often so I don't have any further details to give than to
refer to Google and the GIMP source code.

- Martin