Re: Block user interaction while a plug-in is running?

Hello Lionel,

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Lionel Tarazón <lionel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently developing a Gimp plug-in with a GTK+ user interface.
> My plug-in is unstable if the user modifies the image or calls other
> plug-ins while it is running.
What version of GIMP are you using? This situation has been improved
in 2.6, though there is still plenty of scope for further improvement.

> Is there a way of "blocking" user interaction over the gimp window which
> called the plug-in?
No (and we probably would never implement it; it is pretty rude behaviour.)

In the future, a locking facility to simply prevent the user from
modifying an image while a plugin is running on it (or only when the
plugin is actually reading/writing from/to the image) could be
desirable. It remains to be seen how useful this would be in light of
GEGL integration (in future, most plugins should become little more
than GEGL ops.)

David