Re: (When) will the new Brush Options be available in the PDB?

On Thursday 13 November 2008 16:36:45 Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 07:27 -0500, Rob Antonishen wrote:
> > I am well aware of how open source works having personally contributed
> > to a number of projects.  Unfortunately my skills do not lie in the
> > area of C or C++ (I am unsure what the gimp is develpoed in).
> >
> > Perhaps my question should have been "With all of the spectacular
> > enhancements to the brush options that have all appeared in the last
> > major release, is adding PDB hooks to these on the current dev
> > roadmap?"
>
> No, it is not on the roadmap. GIMP has very few active developers and
> these are busy working on other things (GEGL integration, layer
> groups, ...). I don't think we will be able to devote core developer
> resources to this. But I am sure someone will need this urgently enough
> to add it. It should be a rather simple task and we will definitely find
> the time to review and integrate a patch.

I have just seen for the first time that there have been a lot of changes to
the brush options! I could definitely use them in the PDB, too...

 I'll take a look at the appropriate code. I don't think it will be more work
than the work I have done on the PDB text layer functions.

best regards
Marcus