Re: Better grouping of layer modes

Martin Nordholts wrote:
> One have to differentiate between mathematical similarities of the
> blending formulas and the effect the modes have on the colours we
> perceive. From this point of view Multiply pairs better when Screen than
> with Divide.
>
> Actually from this point of view Divide and Subtract should probably be
> moved to the Difference category. They can produce completely new
> colours as well. Addition doesn't really have a counterpart (Addition is
> Linear Dodge in PS and GIMP has no Linear Burn counterpart).

After doing the rearrangements we end up with the following groups.
Things to note is that Addition does not have a counterpart, and that
Divide is a bit of an outsider in its group when looking at the blending
formulas. If no one objects, the grouping at the end of this mail is
what I will commit.

/ Martin

Normal
Dissolve