Re: GIMP 2.6.1 release ahead

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 09:05 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
>  So that is quite a lot to do already, but we
> could probably add a few more items to this list if there are developers
> willing to work on them. So, what are your plans for 2.8?

An application is of course lots more than a binary...

I'd like to see a release with brushes, textures, tutorials,
new tips, plugins, scripts...   and maybe a separate Resource
Pack with more.  OpenFontLibrary.org is starting to happen for
fonts.

This isn't something that needs a whole lot of developer time;
it needs time from translators (for tutorials, documentation
changes, visible brush names/tags, etc) and from someone to
orchestrate it all.

At the very least, a Guided Tour showing what's new, and
highlighting features unique to GIMP or that are relatively
new (e.g. since 2.4, maybe even 2.2) to help people get used to
them.

Unfortunately I'm about to get a lot busier at work, I fear.
I'll have a better idea in a month or so how much busier, and
if I can, I'll volunteer to organise some hot resource lovin' :)

Liam