Re: patterns in Gimp

names like "gimp pattern #1"  are shown in gimp when more than one
pattern has the same name ('gimp pattern' is the default pattern name
when saving.). Most likely, your pattern was in a specific directory,
that used to be included in the list of directories to look for
patterns in. compare your  preferences relating to patterns for 1.2
and 2.4.