Re: Gimp User Interface.

KishoreKumar Bairi wrote:
Hello folks,

I recently migrated from Photoshop to Gimp. Though GIMP is offering powerful functionalities, its way of opening each window of each image is bugging me a lot. My entire taskbar is filled up with GIMP windows.I'm really looking forward to see all gimp images in single Gimp window.

No, no, no, and no!  I've been using GIMP for a good number of years now and like the current paradigm.   As far as I'm concerned, huge, monolithic, windows full of clutter I don't need at the moment not only waste screen space but make it just that much more difficult to get to the operations I do need at the moment.

It would be nice to change this, or atleast add an option for the user to select the style of interface.

As an option, sure, but not as the only paradigm.

I suspect the GIMP folk would appreciate your contribution in writing that option.  :-)

Some body told me about GIMPSHOP in #gimp IRC. Though it offers this interface, I want to use the original GIMP.(reason, not very clear).

Regards,
KishoreKumar Bairi.

Moller Software Development Services

Christian H. L. Moller
President

Moller Software Development Services, LLC

moller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    919.367.8689 (Voice)
www.mollerware.com    919.367.9097 (Fax)