Re: Gimp Customizable Toolbar

On Saturday 14 June 2008, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 19:03 +0200, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> > It currently only supports a single toolbar and isn't
> > customizable via the GUI, but only by editing
> > "menus/image-toolbar.xml".
>
> In my opinion this is useless as long as it is not configurable by
> the user. And editing XML files doesn't count as being configurable
> by the user.

And in my opinion, this is a 80% done feature that should not be
simply called "useless" and disregarded.

I myself had never missed such a toolbar, but as well, I am not a
tablet user.

>From where it is, it does not seen it will be to hard to implement
some drag and drop using the actions ("configure keyboard shortcuts")
dialog.

I would agree that it imight be too late for consideration for 2.6,
and of course we just can't just go bloating the UI, but I think
shuch a toolbar would be highly praised and the UI team shoudl take a
look at it.   Moreover, once configurable, it could keep the most
used tool icons, making the toolbox really optional, which is one of
the ains of the whole set of UI large changes for 2.6.

	js
	-><-