Re: proposed solution for: protection from protection from data loss

Hi,

thank you all for taking the time to consider and being patient with me.
It seems what's lacking most is the virtue of patience on my side...

I understand now that multiple UIs are too expensive. (As a sidenote, the forking
idea doesn't imply to anticipate the UI team's work. More appropriate labels
would have been GIMP and GIMP-dirty-and-feature-ladden).

The issue of Export/Save/data-loss-protection is in my regard more of a bug which
should be fixed as soon as possible than part of UI redesign. As with any fix this
might be superseded by a more general solution later on.

Now it's not clear to me where to draw the line between useful discussion of
potential fixes and uselessly anticipating the UI redesign.
Probably by the severity of changes, seen a from user perspective.

Any guidance?

peter