Re: proposed solution for: protection from protection from data loss

Hi,

Alchemie foto\grafiche wrote:

>  gib_mir_mehl wrote:
> > Don't all those export troubles disintegrate once we presume a little
> > more confidence in the undo function?
>
> More confidence will require a option to save undo history.
>
> As it is now once the image is closed its Undo History vanish,forever lost,
> so can't be used to correct saving's errors

This keeps me thinking. Given the case gimp cares for saving
the undo history, where should it be stored?

Saving inside the image file would create bloat and is not possible for most formats.
So it must be saved separately. This is feasible on the local computer.
But what if files are transferred between computers and users suddenly miss
their undo history?

What would a user interface look like for exporting undo history and
for merging the history with the image again?

Are there already proposals for this?

peter