Re: Blur algorithm

Good blurring algorithms generally use convolution with a base kernel;
changing the base kernel
changes the nature of the blurring.

There is a good general-purpose convolution algorithm in the Perl Data
Language codebase at
http://pdl.perl.org.  Look for the "imagend.pd" file.  Don't let the
".pd" metalanguage
suffix fool you -- the stuff you want to look at is written in "C".
It's Artistic Licensed;
If I remember right, AL and GPL were compatible, so you may be able to
simply cut, paste, and
glue.