Blur algorithm

Hi there, my name is Alan.

I know that this mailing lists is for GIMP developers, but I need some
help from graphics expert.

I'm writing a small programs which blurs some image. I need working Blur
Algorithm. Can someone help me with it? Maybe there are good tutorial of
implementation of blur in web? Or may be you poke me in some lines in
GIMP sources where the CORE of Blur algorithm. I'm second day searching
in GIMP sources, but can't find something useful.

If you can't understand my english - just skip this letter ;-)