Re: 'no image' window: progress...

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 09:27 +1030, David Gowers wrote:
>
>  > The 'Open' window can remain up as you DnD items from it to the
>  > toolbox.
>
>  Yes, this works. And if you like it, then please continue to use the
>  Open dialog in this way. But it is certainly not the recommended use. If
>  you want to open multiple files, just select multiple files, then press
>  the button labelled "Open".

I liked to do that, then it stopped working consistently, and
sometimes it would open all the files, and sometimes only the last one
I selected. Seems to be working okay now, it might have been a glitch
in my GTK+ build.

In any case, my workflow typically involves projects with multiple
related images that I need to check and adjust for consistency, which
leads me to open and close small selections of files sporadically. I
still recommend the method I mentioned, for such a workflow. If I
could open multiple files *without* the Open dialog automatically
closing, then I would unconditionally recommend your method.