Re: Porting colormap editor to Cairo

Hi,

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 01:05 +0100, Olof-Joachim Frahm wrote:

> One thing what could be done is representing the current colormap as a
> palette and therefore as a entry in the list of palettes. That would be
> quite similiar to the four internal gradients, only that it requires a
> bit more support (the colormap has no named entries, reflecting the
> changes on the palette to the actual colormap for the image, and so on).
> The colormap editor wouldn't be necessary anymore.

I am not sure if merging colormaps and palettes is going to help to
avoid the confusion that already exists between the two. And as far as I
can see the Colormap editor has a very different use case than the
Palette editor. So it seems to need a different user interface as well.
Of course a lot should be similar, like how the active entry is drawn.
Most of the look and feel should be common, but I'd rather keep the two
dialogs seperate.

Sven