Re: summer of code

Greetings, Lorelei.

Based on your introduction, there are several GIMP related projects you could
work on. In regards to the Python related project, the main person to speak is
Manish Singh.

I am interested in your work with Scheme as my main involvement with GIMP
revolves around Script-Fu and its script files. The use of DrScheme to provide
a better way to interact with GIMP while developing or debugging scripts is
interesting. Another possible GSoC project would be enhancing the Script-Fu
console to make it easier to test and debug scripts.

In terms of priorities, a unified scripting interface would most likely be
given a higher priority than an improved Script-Fu interface. However, project
selection is based on the votes the student proposals receive. If you are
selected for a project involving Script-Fu or Scheme I will most likely be
selected as your mentor.

In preparing to start on a GIMP related project there are several things you
can do. You should join the GIMP developer mailing list, introduce yourself on
the #gimp IRC channel, and set up a build environment on your computer so you
can compile GIMP from source. You should also have a look at
http://developer.gimp.org/.

If you have questions about GIMP, or setting up a build environment (it can be
tricky to be sure you have all the needed packages), feel free to ask on the
gimp-devel mailing list or on IRC. For most general questions about GIMP you
can usually get a quick answer on the IRC channel. Most of the active GIMP
developers can be found on the IRC channel at varying times throughout the day.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.