Re: GSoC: adjustment layers

Hi,
On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 23:15 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> As a photographer, my main use case for the GIMP is doing curves> adjustments. Not having adjustment layers has never stopped me from> using our beloved GIMP, but it has led to some annoyance. As such, I> would like to help out in speeding up the implementation of adjustment> layers.
The problem we are facing with your project proposal is that adjustmentlayers are not any longer planned for GIMP. We already started portingour core to the GEGL library and the overall goal is to implementnon-destructive editing. We are not going to need adjustment layersthen, as every parameter of the image editing process will beadjustable.
What we have to think about now is how could you could help with thisprocess so that we can reach this goal earlier. A GSoC project in theGEGL realm would probably be most useful...

Sven