Re: input from the UI team needed

> Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Would it make sense to add it as a new tool now (provided that Jimmac
> > draws a nice icon for it)? I guess we can always merge it with the Free
> > Select tool later if that is desired
As a user I can say it is definitely desired. I miss the option to draw
straight segments every time I use Freehand selection tool.

 Martin Nordholts wrote:
> .Also, by putting the
> tool in trunk we might even get some valuable ideas/opinions on the tool
> which will be useful when it is being finalized. So let's ask Jimmac for
> a tool icon.
I think this is a good idea.

 Martin Nordholts wrote:
> I have some ideas for how to do the Free Hand/Polygonal Select merge,
> but I'd rather await the UI team input before doing any changes.
Perhaps UI team would like to consider IMHO logical approach as I see it. My
logical expectation when using the Freehand select is that Shift key down mid
drawing makes it a line segment, Ctrl constrains angle. It follows the UI
logic of all other freehand tools. And it will not collide with boolean mode
selection because those need to be down before you start drawing. It does
create a bit of overloading, but this is very logical to the user. An option
to set it in pure polygon mode where Ctrl is needed for freehand would be
desired too.

--Alexia