resource repository (thread renamed)

From: Devin Watson devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I'm sorry to jump in on this so late. I was working on a new GIMP
> Plug-In Registry. It had been put on pause by me because of certain
> life-altering events. [...]

This sort of got sidetracked by all the traffic.  I'm not sure whether
there is a need for a new plugin registry, since Ingo has recently
set up a new one himself, but there seems to be still a strong
need for a web repository for other resources.  There was an
SOC project to create such a thing a couple of years ago, but
it did not ever get beyond a specification.

  -- Bill