Re: 2.4 and how to continue from here

First of all I'm a Digital illustrator and 3d artist. GIMP in the actual state is great. My job can be done in 2.4 easily (thanks for the Jitter, scalable brushes and better zoom!). And I know that GEGL will be in the future of GIMP and the interface already have great proposals (and designers). So I decide to not propose these kind of features...

Ok, thats my feature request:

GIMP have a ease and very flexible way to create "animated brushes", with features like "Random" and "Angular" (to create brushes that "rotates" as you move in different angles). The thing is: If we have some of these features in the Tools Options for brushes will be more fast and ease to use the brushes that are not animated.

Some examples:

- The "Random" feature could be simple "rotating" (in its own axis) the original brush in a random way. Just a simple check box for activate it, maybe a intensity control how much is random.

- The "Angular" could also be activated using a Check Box. The angle of the brush changing as you drawn in different directions, dynamically rotating the brush. His "frequency" controlled by the "Space" option in the Brush Dialog.

- Other features that are avaible only creating animated Brushes could be in to. But these to are just great.

Other proposal for brushes are a option to control the Softness and Sharpness of Brushes. Today you need to create another brush just to change his "softness" (or hardness). Maybe a good alternative is to have in the Tools Options a "Slider" if two ways to go:

If you move the slider to the Left the brush will be "Sharpened"... to the Right will be Blurred. Here is a very ugly mockup:

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/302/f/a/very_ugly_mockup_by_Filsd.png

Thats it and thanks for the hard work.

--
Filipe Soares Dilly