Re: Two notes for UI (inconsistency and cleanup)

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 21:21 +0200, Vladimir Savic wrote:

> I've noticed that only Smudge Tool doesn't have brush scaling, which is just
> inconsistent to to other tools.

This is not an oversight. The Smudge tool doesn't handle changes to the
brush size currently. There's already a bug report for that.

> And second one is about Pressure sensitivity. Opening that tab could align
> it's sub-options vertically not just horizontally (if tool window width is
> too small, of course). As is right now, everything fits into window here, but
> hitting the expand arrow brings sliders which can easily destroy window's
> layout.

We use a GtkWrapBox there and it is known to not work perfectly. I have
adjusted the aspect ratio now and this seems to improve it at least for
my setup. But we really need a better solution. Hopefully the new GTK+
layout model (see http://rapicorn.org/cmpgtk.html#resizing-hysteresis)
can help us with this.

Sven