Re: Adjustment Layers - How can I Help?

Please excuse the noob question. Why are there no odd numbered releases? e.g. 2.5? Do they have a special, internal role?

Andy

On 10/8/07, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 21:29 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

> AFAIK no, it was decided fairly informally, like in many OSS things --
> people talked, it became the accepted idea over time, and nobody much
> mentioned it outside of the GEGL-developer and GIMP-developer mailing
> lists where it was discussed.

We keep announcing this for quite a while. As soon as 2.4 is done, we
will start to port some internals to GEGL. Since we don't want the next
development cycle to last forever (again), it remains to be seen how
much effect this will have feature-wise. It might turn out that GIMP 2.6
becomes a GEGL driven version of GIMP that provides pretty much the same
feature set as GIMP 2.4 and only uses GEGL internally.

>  Officially I believe Sven has said
> something to the effect of 'there is no roadmap; people implement
> things because it's fun or they need it, not because there is a
> deadline.'

Well, for GIMP 2.6 and beyond we will need a roadmap. But everyone
should be busy hacking on 2.4 or preparing the release, so let's wait
until that is done.

Sven