RC3 strange logic of monitor profile use if Windows hasn't profile assigned and checkbox is checked

I've installed 2.4RC3 and found a strange logic of monitor profile use.
I had my monitor profile assigned in RC2 and had no system-wide
assigned  profile. So I deinstalled RC2, installed RC3 and found out
GIMP was not using monitor profile despite the fact it remained assigned
in the drop down list. The things changed when I had unchecked the
checkbox "Try to use system color profile".

I guess it is the wrong logic.  If the checkbox is checked, GIMP should
search for system assigned profile and  if it exists, use it regardless
the profile which has been selected in GIMP combobox. But if no system
profile exists, GIMP should use its own selected profile. Even the
checkbox label says "Try to use...", not "Use". This is logical and
convenient.
And if system profile is used, it should be shown somewhere in the color
management dialog  by adding system profile to the combobox and
selecting it.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich