Re: GIMP UI brainstorm...

It's a good idea, but I think you should add a little explaination and a
voting system (like digg's one) to get some statistics of the degree of
popular aproval of each idea (but I'm not saying that the voting should
be considered for implementation, just statistics).
A little text explaining the idea would let the visitors understand
better the idea. In the mockups I sent you can clearly understand the
basic behaviour just looking the screenshots and the title, but there
are other aspects that are important too, about the grouping of the
windows in a single taskbar button, the new menu arrangement and the
tool windows being dependant of the splash or the document windows. It
would be nice to have that kind of clarifications too.

Also I think that not allowing comments avoids the possibility to
participate in an existing thread and suggest improvements.
But otoh, it would require someone moderating that blog, so I understand
why not.

Thank you for the site!
Gez.