Re: Where all developers are?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 10:15:48PM +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> Last I mailed it was said that there are not that many
> GIMP developers. Where are all image processing application
> developers have gone? Is there some other open source image
> manipulation software which sucks all the developers?
If they are fiew, how great they are! GIMP 2.4 is wonderful and better then
anything I see in the horizon (yes krita comprised...)

> In recent years Siggraph conference proceedings have had
> more image processing papers. For example: They are now
> making giga size photos with panoramic techniques. They
> are using hundreds of tourist photos for making 3D walkthroughs
> through city. Google earth and competitors are making 3D
> models from photos. And much more.
As some other stated, the project could not follow 5 directions...
GIMP is going to integrate GEGL so more wonderful features are in the near
future...

> It looks like today's image processing software needs to be
> redefined because there are many new applications for photos.
> You may suggest some other application for specific task
> as an easy solution but please don't.
As a temporary solution, to make your everyday work done, I see no
counterindications to use some more specific tool (for now)...

bye

--

Marco Ciampa