Re: Annoying behavior of shared settings for file save plug-ins

These are the best words I've heard on UI. A program cannot decide what
is better for me because _I_have_not_told_it what _I_need_. This is a
principle - it should be up to user, not a program.

In a most common case of saving jpeg files I would like to be able to do
via advanced mode:
1. See original file settings as numeric values. That includes quality,
subsampling and DCT  method .
2. See my  current settings (saving and restoring is OK now in RC1).
3. Have some color flag  showing which ones are better. This can be done
based on the estimation provided in the tread before. And the better way
is to show  two progress bars one under another - original vs current
settings.
3. Decide which one set of settings use  for file save: original or
adjustable current ones.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich