Re: Annoying behavior of shared settings for file save plug-ins

I said when the new changes were being discussed that the "use image file
quality unless defaults are 'better'" was a bad way to go.

I think that "use image file quality unless defaults are 'better'" is not thee problem. Problem is inheriting image quality between different images in one GIMP session. I have a default quality of 85. Then I open DSLR image with quality 95. Save it with that quality. Then I open and save low quality cameraphone image. But I am not offered my default nor the original cameraphone quality (which would be both understandable) but the DSLR quality of 95. Huh? These images have nothing in common except they have been opened in the same editor session. Do not mix them up.

Jakub Friedl