Re: Missing button to confirm some tool actions (usability)

Raphaël Quinet wrote:> One of the changes from GIMP 2.2 to 2.4 is the streamlining of some> tools [...] However, as noted by one user on IRC today, this has also removed the> big "Crop" button that existed previously in the pop-up. [...]> One idea would be to put such a button in the status bar, just like> the Cancel button that appears when a plug-in displays its progress> information.
Interesting observation, but does it make sense to have buttons in aplace that (to my understanding) is supposed to be a "monologue", i.e.just providing information; not offer interaction? Wouldn't it make moresense to have this button in the Tool Options?
Now, I know that we don't like more stuff in there, but imo that's theright place for such a button.
- Martin Nordholts
_______________________________________________Gimp-developer mailing listGimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer