Missing button to confirm some tool actions (usability)

I originally intended to submit this in Bugzilla, but let's discussthis here first:
One of the changes from GIMP 2.2 to 2.4 is the streamlining of sometools and removal of some annoying tool pop-ups that were breakingthe workflow and stealing the focus from the canvas.  The pop-up isgone from the Crop tool but is still present in the transform tools.
However, as noted by one user on IRC today, this has also removed thebig "Crop" button that existed previously in the pop-up.  Althoughthere is now a status bar message that says "Click or press Enter tocrop" once the crop rectangle has been defined, it seems that someusers still expect to see some kind of button somewhere.  This issuemay also affect other tools such as the transform tools if we also getrid of their pop-ups.
One idea would be to put such a button in the status bar, just likethe Cancel button that appears when a plug-in displays its progressinformation.  This could be done for all tools that have a state inwhich some actions should be confirmed (some selection tools,transform tools, etc.)  But other solutions may also be possible,unless we close this issue as WONTFIX.