Re: jpeg quality factor.

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:08:45 +0200, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I expect the "Save" command to retain
> *all* data: not just some.

If you expect that when using jpeg you are wrong and need to see the first
use warning that has been suggested.

Assuming you do have some knowlege of graphics you will know saving a jpeg
does not save *all* your data and will make a choice as to whether the
loss is acceptable or whether creating a much larger duplicate file is
preferable.

>  Exporting is preferable to a "lossy save".

Says you. This is not always the case. It depends what is required.

> Just because most image editors throw away
> parts of your file, there's no reason for GIMP to follow suit (anyone
> ever play Lemmings?).

I dont recall anyone having advanced that as an arguement. I really think
we should stop exagerating this issue.

/gg