Re: 2.3.18 deletes exif data from images

* El 24/06/07 a las 14:57, Sven Neumann chamullaba:

> > Bug GIMP is the only application, graphic or not, that showed this
> > problem, in several years of daily use. The mouse works on every
> > other application perfectly, and always did.
>
> Did you actually try it with another GTK+ application that has
> support for XInput devices?

I don't know of another one but GIMP.
Could you please point me such an application for testing?

> It is not surprising that applications
> that don't enable input devices are not affected.

Yes, perhaps...
Observe that what is affected is the mouse, not the tablet, though.
And only in GIMP canvas, not in any other GIMP window.

> > And through 3 fresh and complete OS upgrades (Fedora 4,5 and 6)
> > the mouse is still broken in GIMP canvas. Gimp worked fine in
> > Fedora 3 and below.
>
> For a long time, nothing has changed in GIMP with respect to XInput
> devices. So the fact that an upgrade introduced this problem seems
> to be a strong indication that the problem is elsewhere. Perhaps in
> the X server or, more likely, in the wacom driver. Of course there
> might also be something that GIMP does wrong. But the vast majority
> of GIMP users with a tablet doesn't seem to be affected by this
> problem.
>
> As I said already, someone who is affected by this problem will have
> to track it down. It is not reproducible for me and, as it seems,
> for no other GIMP developer.

Yes, I understand the difficulty with this.

    Thanks,

        L.