Re: Quick mask malfunctioning on grayscale pictures

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 18:08:28 Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thinking about it, I don't think it can be fixed. Quick Mask is just a
> UI shortcut for using a channel. And a grayscale image can only have
> grayscale channels.

Unfortunately, I thought it's not simple thing to do. :(

> So if you filed a bug report for this, we would
> probably have to close it as WONTFIX.

Hm... Wouldn't it be much more reasonable to give it a resolution like 2.6,
3.0 or even low-resolution-version-16.0-maybe?! There would be, at least,
info that feature is being requested once and that it couldn't be implemented
because of technical reasons, so that users do not request it again. Just a
bad attitude for totally reasonable feature request, IMHO.

Isn't WONTFIX reserved for inappropriate wishes?!

Workaround is really easy, anyway:
Find average pixel value for particular picture and give quick mask some high
contrast gray value. Simple...

Regards,
Vladimir