Re: Save Changes Integrated

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 16:20 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> No. Either being able to see the canvas is important, in which case
> adding the message and resizing the image window can be better than
> having the user move a window around.

There is nothing more annoying that a window that resizes itself. In
particular because it is very difficult, if not impossible, to get this
right with all the various window managers being used by our users. The
window manager may even decide to completely ignore the resize request
from the application.

> With a dialog window, I wonder if it would be better to place it top
> right, though. Close to the Close button.

Placement of dialog windows is left to the window manager. And only
because your window manager draws a Close icon in the upper right corner
doesn't mean that other window managers do that.

Sven