Re: Save Changes Integrated

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 03:29:37PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Well, you have overlooked the main problem here. If you add user
> interface elements to the image window, then these will cover parts of
> the canvas and there will be no way to unobscure the covered parts. So
> if you think that it may be important that the user has a chance to
> check the content of the image window, then a popup dialog is the only
> way to go.

No. Either being able to see the canvas is important, in which case
adding the message and resizing the image window can be better than
having the user move a window around. Even without resizing, scrollbars
could come o the rescue.
Or it is not important, so the window doesn't have to be resized and the
message can obscure part of it (which might be less drastic than the
dialog window jumping up right in the middle.

With a dialog window, I wonder if it would be better to place it top
right, though. Close to the Close button.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Design for Free Software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com